Wednesday, February 08, 2006

 

Amazing Couples



Tonight in our marriage course I was thinking about all the amazing couples Dana and I know and who we look up to in a way. Dana and I have always tried to be an example to our friends on what a successful marriage looks like. I know that may sound self-righteous, but really it's not meant to be. You see we understand that marriage is not suppose to be perfect. We pride ourselves in the fact that we fight and argue, because that means that we can be individuals- express who we are and what we stand for and still walk away kissing. Not many couples are able do that. Being in this marriage course has been hard at times, but mostly rewarding. Hard, because in any marriage there are unspoken truths that need to and should be discussed. And rewarding because Dana and I already feel like we do many of the things they suggest. Dana said something to me before we even got married that to this day I respect him so much for. I asked him if he thought I was his soulmate. I know that there are sceptics out there, but I am a believer in fate and soulmates and I know that God made Dana to be apart of me and me him. But Dana replied to me that afternoon with, "It doesn't matter whether I beleive we are soulmates or not. What matters is that I choose to be." I know that may not make sense to you, but to me it speaks volumes. To me it means that even when times are tough that Dana will choose to be in my life as a loving and supporting being. Now in order to try and be an example, Dana and I of course need examples ourselves. And in a world where divorce rate is climbing, sometimes they are hard to find. But today, we celebrate you! I don't have pictures of everyone whom we admire. And one in particular who actually inspired this blog, The Dalsin's. I just hope they know how much Dana and I look up to the two of you. I know I haven't known you very long, but I already can see the love that you share and purity of that love. I am in utter awe struck over you two and I am finding that ever since I met you two I am striving to be a better wife and mother. So thank you for your glowing example.

Comments:
Aw Suzy. You got my eyes all teared up- and that was even BEFORE I reached the sweet words about us. You & Dana are such a great couple and we've been able to vividly see that in you two as you have in us. What Dana said about choosing to be your soulmate sent INSTANT tears to my eyes. That might be one of the sweetest things I have EVER heard. Seriously.

Thank you for your kind words about Jordan and I!
 
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
land rover defender number plate cover Rdo fitness discovery land rover surrey Mitsubishi 3000 gt spolier Domains+registration Central air conditioner 8.5 unit price land rover Land rover 101
 
Looking for information and found it at this great site... Jeep door http://www.fire-alarm-mp3.info/center_interior_designer.html Mens pants bbk Java bingo Baccarat saucers Honolulu cartridges Where to buy oxycontin online
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?