Thursday, February 16, 2006
Flashback!


Dana and I spent our Valentines Day surrounded by 50 high school students as we were chaperoning a dance. Well, I was chaperoning and Dana DJ'd. A few girls asked me who that cute DJ was? I said my husband and their faces completely dropped, thinking that he was some available college student that they may have chance with. It made Dana's night, I think. It was alot of fun and made me remember what it was like to be in highschool again. Hormones pumping, carefree, flirty and lots of laughter. When Dana and I got home we were tired, but we couldn't help reminise. Sometimes we forget what it was like to be a teenager.... even if it was only a few years ago or a decade ago. We forget the passion in which we pursued things. How there was vibrance in everything we looked at. The deepth to our feelings. We call high school students 'drama queens', but sometimes I miss the exhuberance and passion. It's very cool to be back around it. Ahh... to be young again. The thought makes me smile.
Comments:
<< Home
Remember when your biggest worry was whether or not a hot guy would ask you to dance or not? Them were the days...sometimes I miss the lack of responsibility. :)
It's funny how we all see different times of our lives as important. I don't for a minute miss high school. Not that I didn't have fun, I did. I was skinny little fellow with a stainless steel front tooth nick named "moco the wonder cow" (don't ask!), how could I not have enjoyed it. I see my young adult life, when I started having kids, as way more fulfilling and "memory rich".
D-man would be "cute" as a DJ, spinnin that vinyl! woo whoo!
OXOXOXXO
D-man would be "cute" as a DJ, spinnin that vinyl! woo whoo!
OXOXOXXO
I have to agree with "chiroman", thank goodness those days are done, finished and where they need to be, "in the past". I enjoy who "I am" way more now. I think its because I'm more "comfortable" in my own skin now. No peer pressure, and no societal expectations.
I'm glad you two had fun though. Where was "Mr. K", burning up the dance floor with the "chickies"?
Love ya, Sue
Post a Comment
I'm glad you two had fun though. Where was "Mr. K", burning up the dance floor with the "chickies"?
Love ya, Sue
<< Home
