Thursday, February 02, 2006

 
Sorry readers! No pics today because I am being naughty at work and writing all of you. This last month has been absolutely amazing for me and God is continually blessing us more and more each day. A month agao I felt complete lost, in every sense of the word. Dana and I had just moved to Summerland and we had all the stresses of the move and the upcoming holidays straining over us. We were financially struggling sense neither one of us had any money coming in since before November. And to top it all off, I was being pulled into a direction I didn't want to go. I was trying to start a home daycare business to start bringing in some of that multicolour stuff. What is it called again- oh yeah- money! It seemed like everytime I had a prospect, something fell through and it never worked out. It was heading into January and bills were piling up and I said to Dana: "I really don't think this is what I am suppose to be doing. I feel like God has a different plan for me and I think I should be available for it." And Dana being Dana said to follow my heart and no matter what we will make it work. I love the man he is. And wouldn't you know it- not even a few days after that conversation I got a call for my interview. Before getting my hopes up to high, I prayed that if this was the path I was to go down that God would give me a clear sign. I specifically asked for more than 20 hours per week and that I would get paid just enough to pay daycare and make our bills work every month. During the interview they said they were originally only wanting 20 hrs per week, but because I was returning to work from maternity leave they would be able to bring me in for 30 hrs with the possibility of full time within a month. Also, the wage was just enough to make ends meet (if I only worked 20 hrs), but with the possibility of full time and the extra 10 hrs a week in the meantime, that meant we actually could put money away too! It was God! I felt him. I know not all of you share my faith, but I truly felt him that day. I was overwhelmed with joy. That day I was hired to my dream job. I share this story with you because it truly is beautiful- to me. I wish I could ball up how I feel and send you all a piece. Pretty much since I graduated I have felt lost. Dana and Kynan are driving forces in my life and I understand how they help make me whole. But humans are like oranges and there are several pieces to us that all help us feel whole. For once in my life I feel like I am well on my way! A man came into the Centre today and say this quote on my wall and said that the law of gravity wouldn't allow it. I looked at him and said if you had faith then it would. "When you come to the end of all the light you know, and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things will happen; Either you will be given something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly."

Comments:
I'm so happy for you guys. God's hand and love are so evident in your lives. :)

BTW, are you going to the parenting course tomorrow am??
 
Hope you don't mind that I linked to your blog through Jen's. Sounds like things are working out for you. When things get me down or make me worry I try and remember "I can do all things through Christ...who gives me strength. (Phillipians 4:13).Hope you enjoyed the parenting class. It is nice to see that it is reaching mom's of babies.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?