Wednesday, February 22, 2006
What's So Amazing About Grace?
Well, I haven't read the book, but I really want too. After yesterdays release (my blog), I got a few responses back saying what great confidence I have. I don't always have confidence and if you said that compliment to Dana, he would probably be shocked that you were speaking about his wife. However, my New Years resolution was to list 5 things I am greatful for everyday. It makes me focus on the positive. Last year was really hard emotionally for me so I felt this was the best way for me to put everything into perspective. That is where my confidence comes from, is grace. Give in and let God and He will shower you with blessings. For insistance, last week I had a falling out with a family member and I was really hurt. A little mad, but very hurt. All I wanted to do is defend myself and cry. Because I cry ALOT when I am upset or stressed. I cried all night the first night, but I took the next day to ponder the situation, and it dawned on me that this was a perfect opportunity to grow. I could learn from what was said and try to better myself. I'm not changing my personality, but improving on what's already there. Amazingly enough, after I thought about it all the anger and frustration subsided and it was replaced with ...... grace. I am always thankful for every experience, I know that is in God's plan. Two weeks ago in church, I think the point of the service was to say that if you feel like you are being bombarded with all different situations (some may be trying) that it was God's way of working in your life. Just like you take time and love to restore an older home to original greatness instead of just buying a completely new house. It's always harder and more strenuous to restore, but more rewarding in the end. I felt that message strongly. I feel God working in my life in a lot of different ways, and I can't help but feel grateful for the fact that He loves me and is teaching me, restoring me. Grace. That's where my confidence comes from.
Comments:
<< Home
Thanks for being so honest - it shows your heart & your love for God. It's not a biblical quote, but it's along the same lines - "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger"
:)
And that book is a good one :)
Post a Comment
:)
And that book is a good one :)
<< Home
