Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Perception

Today I learned that my Grandma had to call an ambulance for my Grandpa. He woke up this morning having troubles walking and wasn't feeling great. For my Grandpa, this is highly unusual as he can still play an round of 18 holes, come home to rake and mow the lawn and still have enough energy to clean the house, fix the dishwasher and whatever else is on his mind he has to do. He was fine (thank goodness). The ambulance came and said he was fine to just go to the clinic, so they did. They found out he has an inner ear infection that is throwing off his equilibreum. I got really scared when Carleen was telling me about the morning events. I realised that my Grandparents are "old". I know that sounds silly to some, but I look at them and see this really "young" couple who enjoy living active lives and who do not seem the least bit fragile. It dawned on me that they will not always be around. Now these are Dana's grandparents, but I have come to love and respect them as my own. I truly look up to them, their love for one another, their love for family and friends, and their love for...... LIFE! That's all I have ever wanted, is a love like theirs. One that reaches beyond each other to be felt by all that are in their life. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful Grandma and Grandpa. We are so fortunate that Kynan was able to meet this wonderful couple and know them as his GiGi and Gramps. I am so happy that you are ok, John, and I love you very very much.