Monday, March 20, 2006
Poker Blitz
The texas holdem craze has reached it's way into our little home and has for the last year and a half. When we lived in Kelowna, we use to have poker night every Sunday. The boys would come over and have dinner, watch a movie and then play an intense game of poker. Since we have moved to Summerland, those traditional get togethers have gotten dusty so Dana and I decided to have the whole lot of them down last night. I made them a speghetti dinner with caesar salad and garlic bread. They had Brownie Sundays for dessert. It was all really yummy if I do say so myself. They skipped the traditional movie because of lack of time and headed straight down stairs for their game. Jordan also came and joined in the fun. It's always nice to ad a new boy into the mix. I know this sounds silly, but I love having them over. I feel like they are my boys and I love serving on them and filling their tummys with some good home cooked food. I told this to Dana and he said I sound like a mom and I feel like one too. One of our friends (who I have already blogged about earlier) is still going through a rough time with this break up business. We had a real heart to heart. I love that he can trust me to pour out his soul and I love being able to help when I can, even if it is just to listen. It was ad to see them go, but I was extatic when they decided to make this a monthly occurance. I am already thinking about what I can cook them next month. How bad is that. Love you guys and hope you all had a good time.
