Monday, March 13, 2006

 

The Truth About Nice Guys




So, apparently there is a myth out there about nice guys "finish last". I thought that was a bunch of junk and for most nice guys it is. For instance, all the bloggers husbands seem to be pretty nice to me and they all married beautiful woman (inside and out). But then there is my amazing friend, Steve Miller. He is the most sweetest guy.... ever. He is so selfless, considerate, generous, and loving man. We met Miller when we lived in Kelowna. He was Dana's co-worker at THE FOLK (Don Folk Cheverolet). We immediately fell in love with his amazing personality. What more could we ask for in a friend. Now Miller has never had the greatest luck with girls. I guess some girls would say that he looks "nerdy", but I happen to think he is very attractive. That is when he takes time on himself, like put hair product in his hair (Steve!!!!). This last fall, I took him on a mini-extreme makeover. No plastic surgeons or hair plugs for Steve. Just an updated hair cut and some nice jeans (guys always look 100% better in a good pair of jeans). He looked smoking hot (if I do say so myself). It's not that he needed a makeover, but I was hoping girls would look past his "nerdy" exteriory and see the extrodinary man that he is. Then, he fell in love with a girl who seemed to be everything he imagined and more. She was very sweet and they got along great.... or so we thought. They just broke up, his ex-girlfriend saying that she needs time for herself. My question is, how do you let such an amazing man get away from you? When I met Dana, I didn't care what was going on in my life or who I was with- I did anything and everything to keep in my life. I was not letting my amazing guy go. What do you ladies and gents think of this? Do you think the "myth of the nice guy" is true? I'm curious to hear your thoughts. Also, if you know of any single gals who you think would appreciate Steve's shining attributes, email me. Steve, if you read this blog, I love you for who you are. Do not change because a girl doesn't see the incrediable being you are. You are amazing!

Comments:
I really enjoyed meeting Steve this weekend. He does seem really sweet and like he would be a great catch.

My thoughts on the nice guy thing ... I think that girls really like strong, confident guys. Guys who are sure of themselves. I think that nice guys sometimes come off as soft and weak. Unfortunately. I married a "nice guy" who, luckily, is also nice to look at. But I do admit that I definitely am always, err...was always, drawn to the bad boys. Don't know why.
 
Also, I think Steve is better off without the girl who would let him get away. Anyone who isn't completely addicted to him isn't worth his time!
 
I think if as a guy you think that "nice guys finish last" then that is what you will be projecting to the world and all the woman around. The whole "poor me" thing. And that may come across as the whole unconfident thing.
 
I just think that God obviously has someone BETTER for him. I dated some duds before I met Matthew...either I wasn't into it, or they weren't. But with Matthew, we KNEW from the first date. Got engaged a month later. Married 5 months after that. And neither of us has EVER doubted.

And Matthew's a "nice guy" - not a "bad boy"

Steve's princess will come :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?