Monday, April 10, 2006

 

Did I REALLY miss them?

YES, yes and more yes!

I didn't realise how much I missed them until I saw them standing in the airport watchong the planes take off and land. Both of them standing, wearing shorts and staring off into the distance. Dana spots me and comes running over. He stops 10 ft in front of me and points me out to Kynan. Kynan gets down and runs towards me. Gives me a huge hug. I give him the stuffed moose with a cowboy pin in its ear (a souvenir I brought back for him). He hugs me one more time and then runs to see the airplanes. I feel, has he really missed me? He comes running back... my heart swells with love... he grabs the moose and then runs away again. That's okay, more time to love on Dana. It feels like it has been a century since I have been in those arms. He starts smelling me and I start smelling him. We are two weird people smelling each other in the airport. His scent is home to me. He says he missed me, I say I can tell, I'm almost ready to burst into happy tears. On the drive home he can't stop rubbing my thigh and touching my cheek. I love it. I get home only to open the door to a peppermint smelling house. It is spotless and I can see out our back patio door. Not only has he done the dishes, vaccumed, put the dishes away, swept and washed the floor, and all the laundry- he has taken down our god awful grape bushes that were blacking our beautiful view..... of our back fence. I feel so loved. He looks at my bags under my eyes and says, why don't you go take a nap while I cook dinner. I run upstairs before he changes his mind. I have a hot shower and climb into bed. Listening to the boys bustle downstairs. I can't stand being away from them. I go down to join them, I fall asleep on Dana's lap. I wake to the smell of steaks on the grill and garlic mashed patatoes. The feast that Dana had prepared for my homecoming. I am a princess. He my prince and Kynan our chief. I watch them devour their food. Kynan getting most of it on the floor. Dana getting most of it in his mouth. I love my boys and yes... I REALLY did miss them.

Comments:
Coming home always feels so good. What a nice homecoming you had. :)
 
i'm glad yor home, i have someone to hug again.
 
There's no place like home. And you cut the grapes away? Man, I wish I could see that! I'll have to do a drive by next time we come into town!
 
Of COURSE you missed them, and they you. You're a loving family! Dana sounds like your perfect match :)
 
Best regards from NY! » »
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?