Wednesday, May 17, 2006

 

Daycare.... Not that Bad!

So Kynan endured his first day of daycare at "Heather's Daycare" yesterday. I dropped him off with tears in my eyes and kissed him farwell. He went directly to the toys and started playing. It wasn't until I was about to leave that he gave the "don't leave me" look. No tears, no yelling, just a heart breaking look. I wanted to run over, pick him up and run out the door, but the strength that all mothers have made me walk out the door empty handed. I worried all day that he was possibly missing me, maybe not being good for Heather, the thoughts that crossed my mind were a little ridiculous. When I went to pick the little guy, all I heard is that he had a wonderful time and actually didn't want to leave. Carleen had to pick him up as I had to work a little later than anticipated. In his bag was a little journal from Heather outlining their entire day to together. She had listed everything from diaper changes, naps, what he ate to what he did when I left. She even had the exact times written down.... dirty diaper 12:42pm! I was so impressed and relieved that she is so intuned to what us working mothers need to stay sane. So, I guess daycare is not that bad after all. Heather is amazing, Kynan is loving the new environment and I am excited as a mom that I have such an adaptable boy! To all you mothers out there, in our journey we have to make some challenging decisions (some easy), but more challenging. Sometimes we laugh, sometimes we cry. But it is so rewarding when our child honours us by being such great little people. It makes all the sacrafices worth it.

Comments:
I am SO glad it went well. That daycare seems fantastic!!

:)
 
It must have been hard to leave him that first time. I'm so glad that you have found one that is so good for Kynan. As moms we have to make many hard choices and we make these choices out of love for our families, our children. Sounds like Kynan appreciates your daycare choice, too! Great news!
 
I'm glad to hear it was a positive experience for both you and the little man. :)
 
Congrats on making a decision and sticking to it! I'm sure it will just get easier and easier to leave him there as you know he's being taken care of and has friends to hang out with!
 
What a relief for you to be at work knowing that he is happy and well cared for :)
 
I'm so happy to hear that it went well for you and Kynan. And it's so cool that the daycare is so close to Carleen's place.
 
Sounds great! And the journalling is AWESOME...always good to know the details of the day!
:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?