Thursday, May 04, 2006
I Can't Stop Shaking!

Well, this may be a venting post just fore warn you before you proceed. Today, ever since I got home it has been one blow after another. Dana layed something on me tonight pretty thick. Would love to share what it was, but not only would Dana shoot me- but I wouldn't like mysself for it either! Needless to say, it stung a little (a lot). We laid it to rest for the evening because it was nearing 11 o'clock. I decided to come upstairs quickly check my fellow bloggers. Second one down on my list delivers another blow. I think I may have a target on my back today. Do you ever feel that way? Of course you do. We all do. I know this sounds pretty miner- only two things went wrong today with a day full of positives. But those two "negative" things were enough for me to forget the positives. And what do I do when I get sad or upset, I shake. I can't help it. It is almost like the shivers- like I am cold. It usually doesn't go away for hours after the event. Hey, I guess that is one weird thing about me. That and my esthatician (sp?) said that my eye brows are two different colours. Maybe I could start a list after all. Okay okay, I am babbling. Another thing I do when I am upset. So, instead of venting about the situations I have been faced with tonight, how about talking about how we all deal with stress.
- Do you have a physical reaction to stress? Like my shakes?
- How do you deal with your stress?
- Can you ever really "let go" of those big stress causers?
Comments:
<< Home
I don't deal with stress well. I usually have a physical reaction to it. I also tend to remember the negatives more than the positives. Sometimes it just takes one thing and my day is miserable (I have such high hopes, it hurts when they come tumbling down). It's something I am constantly working on. I can totally relate. The difference between you and me is that usually I have trouble sleeping. I find that time usually helps. I hope you are okay today:) Sounds like you arre surrounded by people who love you, and that's such a blessing. If you ever need to vent, you know how to find me!
Susie! I know one way you can deal with stress - call and vent to me!
I'm actually not so great with dealing with my own stress. I get seriously grumpy and sick to my stomach if I'm stressing about something.
I deal with stress by trying to fix the thing that is causing me stress, trying to relax by having a nice bath or buying myself a special treat.
And no, I'm not that great at "letting go".
I'm actually not so great with dealing with my own stress. I get seriously grumpy and sick to my stomach if I'm stressing about something.
I deal with stress by trying to fix the thing that is causing me stress, trying to relax by having a nice bath or buying myself a special treat.
And no, I'm not that great at "letting go".
I've yet to meet someone who does deal with stress well, for me I vomit and cry but then I do that when i'm not stressed too. i hope you feel better soon and know that there are people here for you if you need to talk
We all know stress is "not" a good thing and that disease can be created by it but what to do?
My good old remedy (which you know about) is EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique), start "tapping" girl!
Once you release (disconnect) the emotional component you realize the rest are just words, (its the "meaning" that "we" give them that make our own stress.
Also, identify where you take your stress.
Example, solar plexus area - you feel that someone is taking away your power - take it back and you'll realize that your tummy will settle.
Back pain - support in your life - ask for what you want.
Headaches - guilt.
Neck - being inflexible.
Sight stuff - not willing to see.
Feet - not wanting to move forward.
The list goes on.
Do the 3 R's. Realize, recognize and release. Above all, don't take on anyone else's stuff. It will only drain "you".Look after you!
Another idea: write it down, burn it and release it to the universe/God/a higher being, whatever your belief system is.
Namaste, Sue
My good old remedy (which you know about) is EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique), start "tapping" girl!
Once you release (disconnect) the emotional component you realize the rest are just words, (its the "meaning" that "we" give them that make our own stress.
Also, identify where you take your stress.
Example, solar plexus area - you feel that someone is taking away your power - take it back and you'll realize that your tummy will settle.
Back pain - support in your life - ask for what you want.
Headaches - guilt.
Neck - being inflexible.
Sight stuff - not willing to see.
Feet - not wanting to move forward.
The list goes on.
Do the 3 R's. Realize, recognize and release. Above all, don't take on anyone else's stuff. It will only drain "you".Look after you!
Another idea: write it down, burn it and release it to the universe/God/a higher being, whatever your belief system is.
Namaste, Sue
Every time I feel like that I quote Philippians 4;4-7 through my head over and over and it brings me peace.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in EVERYTHING, by prayer and petition present your requests to God, and peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
Can I get an AMEN!?
Post a Comment
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in EVERYTHING, by prayer and petition present your requests to God, and peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
Can I get an AMEN!?
<< Home

