Thursday, May 25, 2006

 

Scrapbooking Craze!


Tonight I am going scrapbooking with my sister in laws at "A Time to Scrapbook" in Penticton. We are taking an introduction class and I am so excited! I know that scrapbooking is becoming very common, but I seriously love being creative. It's one of the things I loved about planning our wedding- all the favours, centre pieces, table displays, invites, thank you cards- the list is endless. I am currently putting a scrapbook together for my niece. It showcases some of her firsts- but majorally who she is and where she came from. So it has bio's on her parents, grandparents, great grandparents, aunts, uncles, pets and love letters from mom and dad. I did one for Kynan and it is my goal to do one for each of my kids and all my nieces and nephews. It's a good "goal", but we will see how it goes. I am also working on Kynan's first year and realised that I should do a scrapbook of our last year- a more general one of the entire family.

I also love to paint and just finished an oil painting that is currently sitting on our entertainment unit waiting to be hung. I don't love it, but I guess you are your own worse critic. Yesterday, at SADI, we had a workshop with local watercolour artitist- Bruce Crawford. He is incrediably good. We talked a little about technique and artist's eye, but then he asked me what I liked to paint. I told him that I tend to copy other artists because I don't trust myself to do something original. He then looked at the piece I quickly did during our lesson and said- "You have a talent, but you need to trust yourself to be original. I can tell you have a unique creative eye". It felt so good to have someone of his calibur tell me that he thinks I am good and good enough to do an original McCallum piece. I am excited to start my next piece now. One day I will have the studio on the hill over looking the valley, but until then- my deck will have to do.

Comments:
Have fun being creative. And Happy Belated birthday Suzie.
 
I totally agree the value of scrapbooking. It is so much more than just a photo album and I know that your children and nieces and nephews are going to appreciate the care and effort you took. From a fellow scrapbooker, what a great idea:)
 
Hope you had fun! Amanda & I got together for a little scrapbooking too. Always a nice way to spend an evening. :)
 
I just love all these scrapbooking gals! I am headed to an all day event at my favorite workshop on Saturday to finally start Belle's first album! Yikes. I would love to see an original painting when you do one. I absolutely cannot paint and am in awe of painters! Good luck with the creative process!
 
You sound like a gifted girl! Hope you had fun scrapping! We're having a stamping party next week - I can't wait :)
 
Scrapbooking is great. I haven't touched a single scrapbooking item since Christmas, but I have good intentions.
 
Very nice site! » » »
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?