Wednesday, June 07, 2006

 

What A Week It Has Been.....


Our weekend started off pretty amazing as we were meeting Jaia for the first time. He is so sweet, but deffinately only loves to be held by his mommy. This was the only picture we got before he started crying. He is amazing though, as you can see.


Kynan enjoyed meeting his cousin for the first time too. All he wanted to do was kiss him. I don't think Kaili appreciated it to much, but there was no stopping him from showing his new buddy some love and affection. When Kaili was nursing, he just looked at her like, "Hey only my mom does that!". I don't think he has seen another mother nurse until that night! He was so curious.

Just before we left, Kynan and I had a tickle fest. He is so ticklish and laughs with such gusto, just like his dad.

Then our weekend took an interesting turn, when on Sunday night Kynan woke up pretty irritated and looked like he was having trouble breathing. We tried a few things at home until finally we decided to take him to Emerg. It was there that they said his oxygen levels were frightening low and he would need to be admitted. Dana and I were frightened, but could never get a clear answer from any doctor or nurse. Was it phneumonia? Was it Brocholitis? Was it ashemia? Someone even mentioned Cystic Fibrosis.... Needless to say it was scary and eventually they started treating him for ashemia (forgive my spelling). He is at home now, but we are closely monitoring his breathing and giving him ashemia medicine. Our follow-up is on 4 weeks, but luckily we have a natualpath appointment next week. Even though Kynan was confined to bed for almost 48 hours he still was in great spirits. See some pics below.

"Luke, I am your father!"

Loving on Mommy.

Playing motorcycle with Daddy.

Happy Face!

Scary Eyes.

Hope your weekend was great. Please pray for Kynan that this was just a bug and it will pass in a few days. We would appreciate all the prayer support we can get.

Comments:
Susie and Dana, he sure seems like he is getting better. It scared the begebies out of me when i heard that he was in the hospital. I don't know what i would do if anything happened to K man. Glad to see you are all home safe and fine, hopefully this passes and Kynan recovers good.
-Love sha*
xoxoxoxo
 
How scary! Even just to see him with that oxygen mask on breaks my heart. I hope all is well and that it is indeed just a bug that passes.

From now on I will have to get my information straight from you because Jordan told me he had FOOD in his lungs. I was like "WHAT?!?!"

Get well soon, Kynan! Big hugs from Abby & I.
 
LOL! Boys tend to "mishear" information. How would one get food in their lungs???? We're fine. Looking forward to our next playdate!
 
Susie, what a stressful week!!! I'm glad that Kynan is home again and feeling better. Now the whole family can rest up again.
 
Glad he's better - that must have been so scary!!!

And he's looking even cuter, btw. His hair is getting lighter too, I noticed :)
 
He looked fine last night at the Sweet Tooth with ice cream plastered all over his little face. Glad to hear he's on the mend and that his lungs are, in fact, free of food. :) Great pics, Susie.
 
I can only imagine how scared you and Dana must have been in the hospital not knowing what was going on. But kudos for being able to keep a positive outlook around your lil angel and for making him laugh. What a trooper his is:)
 
That must have been awful. Hope things continue to progress well. He's such a sweet boy, the nurses must have loved him:)
 
Glad to hear that Kynan is doing better! So glad.
Nothing catches you off guard quite like being at the hospital for something routine, then getting admitted!! Hope they can nail down what was wrong with him and treat it correctly. But I'm happy to hear that he's out of the hospital now!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?