Sunday, July 09, 2006
Brought Tears to my Eyes

I know it has been awhile since I have posted. I have been so busy with work stuff, that I completely dropped off the blogger planet. I am hoping sometime this week I can go and get caught up on everybody's posts. I feel so disconnected. The Kynan update is good. We had a follow-up with the naturapath last week and she informed us the diet is deffinately improving his condition so we are to stay on it for know. She gave us a new homeopathic remedy which will allow us to slowly take him off the ashma medications he is on. So for all of you who are wondering where the green booger monster went- it seems that he is gone and with any luck will visit rarely.
So much has happened and there is so much to stay, but other than the Kynan update I just wanted to say that I have the most amazing husband. Some of you know that for the last few months I have been frantically planning a provincial symposium on positive youth and community development. Over the last few days, that is where I have been over twelve hours a day. It was amazing and went very well. The youth who attended truly inspired me. We really do have a hopeful future if these are the people who will be in it. Anyway, when I got home, I was so exhausted I didn't even see the beautifully wrapped present on the kitchen table. I immediately parked myself on the couch and started telling Dana how it all went. He stopped me mid-sentence and said look on the table. When I opened the gift I say the "Bright Star" figurine from the Willowtree Collection and a card that read, "You are the strongest woman I know". Inside read a poem that brought tears to me eyes. This is how it went:
Strong women are those who know the road ahead will be strewn with obstacles, but they still choose to walk it because it is the right one for them. Strong women are those who make mistakes, who admit to them, learn from those failures, and then use that knowledge. Strong women are easily hurt, but they still extend their hearts and hands, knowing the risk and accepting the pain when it comes. Strong women are sometimes beat down by life, but they step back up abd step forward again. Strong women are afraid. They face fear and move ahead to the future, as uncertain as it can be. Strong women are not those who succeed the first time. They're the ones that fail time and again, but still keep trying until the succeed. Strong women face the daily trials of life, sometimes with a tear, but always with their heads held high as the new day dawns. -Brenda Hager
I don't personally think of myself as an exceptionally strong woman, but somehow knowing that Dana looks at me as such, gives me strength. I am so thankful I am married to a man who not only loves me, but also admires me and inspires me. Thank you Dana!
So much has happened and there is so much to stay, but other than the Kynan update I just wanted to say that I have the most amazing husband. Some of you know that for the last few months I have been frantically planning a provincial symposium on positive youth and community development. Over the last few days, that is where I have been over twelve hours a day. It was amazing and went very well. The youth who attended truly inspired me. We really do have a hopeful future if these are the people who will be in it. Anyway, when I got home, I was so exhausted I didn't even see the beautifully wrapped present on the kitchen table. I immediately parked myself on the couch and started telling Dana how it all went. He stopped me mid-sentence and said look on the table. When I opened the gift I say the "Bright Star" figurine from the Willowtree Collection and a card that read, "You are the strongest woman I know". Inside read a poem that brought tears to me eyes. This is how it went:
Strong women are those who know the road ahead will be strewn with obstacles, but they still choose to walk it because it is the right one for them. Strong women are those who make mistakes, who admit to them, learn from those failures, and then use that knowledge. Strong women are easily hurt, but they still extend their hearts and hands, knowing the risk and accepting the pain when it comes. Strong women are sometimes beat down by life, but they step back up abd step forward again. Strong women are afraid. They face fear and move ahead to the future, as uncertain as it can be. Strong women are not those who succeed the first time. They're the ones that fail time and again, but still keep trying until the succeed. Strong women face the daily trials of life, sometimes with a tear, but always with their heads held high as the new day dawns. -Brenda Hager
I don't personally think of myself as an exceptionally strong woman, but somehow knowing that Dana looks at me as such, gives me strength. I am so thankful I am married to a man who not only loves me, but also admires me and inspires me. Thank you Dana!
Comments:
<< Home
What a nice story!
I'm glad Kynan is feeling much better and everyone is a "happy camper" up there in Summerland!
Dana, that was a very thoughtful, and sweet thing to do. (Nothing personal to anyone but I really would like to know where that comes from? And yes, Mike would be the first to agree and say the same thing!)
I'm glad Kynan is feeling much better and everyone is a "happy camper" up there in Summerland!
Dana, that was a very thoughtful, and sweet thing to do. (Nothing personal to anyone but I really would like to know where that comes from? And yes, Mike would be the first to agree and say the same thing!)
With so many women complaining about men (not ones I know, just in general) it's just nice to hear the positive as well. That's another thing I love about my blogger friends...we all love our men, and are loved back just as much!
That's a great story. Waiting for more. little rock arkansas flowers Augmentin & physician prescriptions online Banjo minnow fishing
Post a Comment
<< Home

