Monday, July 24, 2006
A Quick Trip
Dana and I had a pretty eventful weekend. On friday night, we had dinner at Zia's with Steve and his new girlfriend Chelsey. It was nice to see Miller again. Ever since we moved back to Summerland, we don't see him near enough. And Chelsey is super sweet and very pretty. She has this wonderful down to earth personality and you can see how she adores Steve- which is always good. Thank you Steve for bringing her down. Hopefully we can get together again soon.
On Saturday morning, Dana and I woke up and were talking about what we were going to do this weekend. We tossed a few ideas around; house work, camping, going to Kelowna. And then I said, "why don't we go see your dad in langley". Dana immediately said yes and within an hour we were on the Coquihalla. It was a nice little spontaneous trip. We stopped in Abbotsford to see John Neufelt and his kids (Julien and Lila). John is Dana's friend from childhood. We spent more than a few hours with them and learned that Julien is exactly what John use to be when he was young- a little troublemaker. This, of course, is according to Dana being that I didn't know him. After a fabulous, but hot visit with them- we went to langley and waited for mike, suzanne and jared to return home from her couson's wedding. We had a good chat before heading to bed. On Sunday morning, we all filed into our car (except Sue who had to work) and headed to White Rock for a beautiful day by the ocean building sandcastles and catching see life. It was awesome. We went for a chinese smorg for lunch which actually was prett terrible- sorry mike. time to head home- but it was deffinately worth going down. Thanks Mike and Sue for being so accomodating and hopfully we'll see you soon. I'll post some pictures when I have some more time.
On Saturday morning, Dana and I woke up and were talking about what we were going to do this weekend. We tossed a few ideas around; house work, camping, going to Kelowna. And then I said, "why don't we go see your dad in langley". Dana immediately said yes and within an hour we were on the Coquihalla. It was a nice little spontaneous trip. We stopped in Abbotsford to see John Neufelt and his kids (Julien and Lila). John is Dana's friend from childhood. We spent more than a few hours with them and learned that Julien is exactly what John use to be when he was young- a little troublemaker. This, of course, is according to Dana being that I didn't know him. After a fabulous, but hot visit with them- we went to langley and waited for mike, suzanne and jared to return home from her couson's wedding. We had a good chat before heading to bed. On Sunday morning, we all filed into our car (except Sue who had to work) and headed to White Rock for a beautiful day by the ocean building sandcastles and catching see life. It was awesome. We went for a chinese smorg for lunch which actually was prett terrible- sorry mike. time to head home- but it was deffinately worth going down. Thanks Mike and Sue for being so accomodating and hopfully we'll see you soon. I'll post some pictures when I have some more time.
Comments:
<< Home
Funny, we decided last minute to leave for Summerland at 6:30 Friday night. We were on the road within 40 minutes after that. Sometimes it's nice to just get up and go!
Post a Comment
<< Home

