Thursday, September 21, 2006

 

Sleeping Toddler

Yesterday, I had the day off work, so Dana took Kynan to daycare in the morning so that I could sleep through my morning sickness (aka: sleep-in). It was nice waking up at 10:30AM! I haven't done that in months. Even with day off and no toddler running around to pre-occupy me, I was still pretty busy getting ready for this craft fair on Saturday. I am selling some handmade purses, halloween bags, and cards. If any of you are interested in coming to see me and the other venders, it is Saturday 9:30-12 at the United Church. I was sewing for most of the day, but unfortunately I didn't skip the morning sickness. It always seems to find me and drain all my energy. When Dana walked in with a screaming baby I was attempting to finish folding two large heaps of laundry that has been sitting down stairs for over a week, but overwhelmed with nausea, I wasn't too successful. Kynan was super cranky as Heather was unable to get him to go down for a nap. Dana plopped him on my lap. I looked at him, asked if he wanted to nurse. He nodded and nestled right in. Within minutes he was fast asleep. All he needed was his mom. I immediatley felt better. I don't know if it was the sleeping angel or the fact that I couldn't move to do any more chores because I was pinned by Kynan, but I was in awe by his peacefulness. Dana and I just starred at him, remembering back to when he would barely stretch across my lap. He is so big now, such a little man. It was a perfect way to unwind from a hectic day.

Comments:
I know what you mean! Lately Abby has been BEGGING me to stay with her when she goes to bed. She holds my neck and says "Mommy, stay please!". I love it. I snuggle up with her in her teeny tiny Dora bed until she fall asleep (about 2 minutes, lol). She looks so peaceful and like such a little girl. My heart almost bursts with joy. :)
 
Those moments are the BEST!
 
Those are the moments of pure sweetness. I love K-man wants to nurse whenever he sees J-boy nursing. :) Such a funny dude.
 
Oh Susie, you're such a born mama. I wish I had been able to nurse Lorelei more...maybe the next one. Sometimes, when Lorelei cranks out, she just wants to snuggle mama or daddy, but she really has to be tired or cranky, otherwise she's too busy to cuddle.
 
We know our 'babies' need us, but it's awesome that they want us. Snuggling with my kids is one of my favorite things to do.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?