Monday, September 18, 2006
Ultrasound Techs
Today, I had an ultrasound to date my pregnancy. I tried to tell my doctor when Dana and I concieved, but because I couldn't tell them the date of my last period, they wouldn't listen. And what do you know- I was right. I am about 6 weeks and 6 days along which means that Dana and I would have concieved the middle of August. That makes our due date about the middle of May. Maybe I will have a beautiful birthday present?!?!? The ultra sound went okay. I have the worst luck with techs though. The tech was so cold to me and jammed that handle thingy into my gut. When I asked if it was normal to feel pain during the ultrasound, she simply said to me "I am pushing pretty hard" and continued to do just that. Last time I had an ultra sound with Kynan, the tech said not to get my hopes up until the end of the first trimester. I know these people are professionals, but where do they learn their bedside manner?
Comments:
<< Home
Those ultrasound people always seem to be a little weird,sorry to hear she made you so uncomfortable.
Pretty exciting to be starting the whole pregnancy experiance!
Take good care of yourself and that new little bean.
Pretty exciting to be starting the whole pregnancy experiance!
Take good care of yourself and that new little bean.
Sorry about that experience - mine have always been great! Depends on who you get, I guess.
Only 33 weeks to go!
:)
Only 33 weeks to go!
:)
I'm sorry to hear about that too! Was it Penticton?
I think that they are so overworked they can sometimes forget the excitement of that first ultrasound. Hope the next one is better!
Post a Comment
I think that they are so overworked they can sometimes forget the excitement of that first ultrasound. Hope the next one is better!
<< Home

