Tuesday, September 05, 2006

 

Visiting the Mansion

This long weekend, we went down to visit Mike, Suzanne and Jared in there new home (or shall I say mansion). This house is huge, and beautiful. Right down to the crown moulding lacing each room. Once more is that it seems to be perfect for Mike's office space. The have a little reception area and seating room. And Mike's Adjustment Room is very tranquil and relaxing. I can just picture it all put together. I am so happy for them, going after their dreams. Kynan loved running after Jared and his buddy, and he seemed pretty speachless when we went to Castlefun Park. He loved ecerything about that enchanting place except for the kiddie rides , which he cried all the way through. Even in the ferari one (to those car lovers, sorry for the mis-spelled word). Even the new baby enjoyed the visit, as I was able to pick up some really inexpensive expandable pants. The one thing I love about pregnancy is being able to wear elastic waist band without being judged. I borrowed a book called Birthing From Within from Suzanne and so far it is so good. Dana and I are still undecided whether to have a home birth or hospital, but it will most likely be the hostpital due to the lack of midwifery in the okanagan. Dana took me out on a date to Ocean Park where we enjoyed some delicious greek food and then we went to his childhood video store, McMillian Video. He pointed out to me that they moved the adult section sense he had last been there, but everything else was the same. The lady behind the counter laughed. All in all it was a great trip, we even travelled the Hope - Princeton HWY, which we never do. I saw the Hope Slide for the first time in years. The last time I remember stopping there was on a family vacation, and I remember falling and scrapping my knee and my dad cleaning my wound up. I also remember my mom and dad insisting that we get a picture of me in front of the Hope Slide, even though I had tears streaming down my face. To this day it is one of my favorate childhood photos.

Comments:
"Mansion" seems a little bit big. I know its bigger and you can lose people in it, well, ok it is "big"! And once we furnish it a little more the "echo" should go away.

Thanks for the visit you 3, we had a great time and Jared thoroughly enjoyed his birthday. He said to me, "this is a great birthday!" So, thanks again guys for being able to join in the fun.
 
I'm betting that your restaurant is the same place Shane and I went for Greek food when we were down visiting my folks, as Ocean Park is my neck of the woods so to speak. Glad you had a good trip, call me Suze when you get some time.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?