Tuesday, October 24, 2006

 

Story of Us

Kaili recently posted her "Story of Us" and being that I love hearing couple's stories, I decided to tell Dana and I's story. So here it goes.

It was eight years ago when Dana and I met on a very sunny day down at Rotary Beach. Him and his family had recently moved up to SUmmerland from Abbotsford. I immediately felt a chemistry, a connection between the two of us, but honestly didn't read too much into it as I was dating someone else. Over the next few months we developed a friendship, mainly seeing each other when our friends got together. It wasn't until that Novemeber when my boyfriend dumped me that Dana and I became really close. A typical high school relationship takes at the most 2 weeks of morning, but I am not like that and I think my girlfriends got sick of hearing how heartbroken I was. I was having tough time letting go and getting over it. That is when Dana showed what an amazing friend he could be. We started hanging out more and more, he would always listen to my sobs, and then hug me and tell me I deserve better. He became my best friend in a matter of months. We remained very close, and me being me, fell in love with him. Anyone who knows Dana, knows what an incredible being he is. He wears his heart on his sleeve, he is so generous with his time and money, he has this amazing ability to befriend anyone- no matter their age. I have never met a more kind, more generous, non-judgemental person in my life. He was pretty easy to fall for. However, Dana didn't feel the same way and continued to date other girls while I would be the cool supportive friend on the sideline. I still remember the day he told me that he broke up with his love, Jill Robbins. I almost ran to his house thinking "Now is my chance." I will profess my love to him and he will realise what was right in front of him this whole time. Little did I know it would be a whole year later before I would find the courage to tell him. Maybe it was fear of rejection, or that I was scared of losing a friend, but I believe know that God was getting me and Dana ready for the love of our life. A year later, after three times of asking him out, my dreams came true when Dana finally said yes. But he didn't just say yes, he said he wanted me for infinity. After Grad, I had the option of going to school far away or traveling to Europe, but I didn't want to leave Dana. I felt something urging me to stay, again I believe it was God. A year after that Dana proposed on top of a mountain in Kelowna in the most beautiful and cheesy way. I laughed before I cried and I will never live that down, but that has been our life- a barrel of laughs and a handful of tears. We were married the following October in a big fall wedding that Dana and I insisted on paying for ourselves. Carleen took care of the centre pieces and favors, and my parents took care of a huge yummy rehursal dinner. I loved our wedding, I loved that it was big and included our entire family, even people I had never met before from my side of the family. It was perfect in every way and was a ton of fun. Dana never looked more handsome in his Scottish Kilt with pipes playing in the background at the Ornamental Gardens. I walked down the aisle to Sea of Love, but honestly I don't even remember hearing the music after seeing Dana. My dad literally had to hold me back as I tried to run down the aisle towards Dana. We both cried as we said our vows, and immediately after the ceremony I thought "Wow, Dana is my husband". My dreams came true. Within 5 months (same as Kaili) we found out we were pregnant with Kynan. We had just moved into our first home in Kelowna, and to this day I am convinced that Kynan was a result of a certain celebration. We have been married now for three amazing years, and we are expecting our next bambino. I never imagined at 23 I would be married with 1 baby and another on the way, living in a home that we own. Sometimes life works out exactly like you plan, but for me.... this was much sweeter.

Comments:
Susie, I'm all goosebumped. It's funny, earlier today my mom was asking about you & Dana and I was telling her what a great couple you guys were, how sweet of a guy Dana was and what a great gal you were.

Thanks for sharing your love story. :)
 
can i just say that is soo freakin cute?!? awww i'm so happy you two found each other as you seem like the perfect fit!
 
What a great story!!
 
So awesome that you were firends first...just like me and my one and only!
 
Hey Guys...I don't know if Steve has talked to you guys yet but I think Nov. 4th is going to work. I have to work from 12-4 but that's not a bit deal cause I'll make dinner before I go to work (we were thinking spaghetti...does that sound ok) and then I'll get to Steve's house just after 4. Hopefully that works for you guys, I'm looking forward to seeing you guys!!

~Chels
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?