Friday, November 03, 2006

 

Precious Moments

Today I officially 'feel' like a pregnant woman. I had my 3 month appointment today. I am 13 weeks and 2 days along (3 months). It's funny how with Kynan, I felt like every week I was pregnant was a joy and I savored every little moment, every little movement (baby or not), everything. I felt like everytime I saw someone, they were asking about the pregnancy and how I was doing, but with this one (maybe because it is my second baby or maybe because of the fast paced life we love these days) I have been feeling alot more disconnected. Until today when I heard the precious heartbeat of my soon to be joy for the first time. It was just me and my baby in that moment, and I couldn't help but tear up. I can't believe that I am already 1/3rd the way through my pregnancy. In 6 months I will be meeting the future addition to the McCallum Clan. I am so thrilled, anxious, nervous, excited, so many emotions to list. But mainly, I feel peace in those precious moments. Nothing else matters, but that little " ba dum, ba dum". I will most likely fall asleep tonight dreaming of that rhythm.

Comments:
I remember how great it felt to hear that for the first time!
 
Me too - and every time after that :)
 
congratulations on hearing that little miracle sound! I hpoe that you continue to feel united with the little being inside you.
 
It NEVER gets old. For the next 6 months, it will be with most beautiful song you hear!
 
Ihope you know how proud of you i am, i can't wait to hear and see our new addition.

luv ya
 
Suz that's so exciting...you are looking great by the way. Thanks for coming over on Saturday, it was a fun night. Keep on trucking, 6 months is going to FLY by. Talk to you soon!

~Chels
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?