Monday, December 18, 2006

 

Finally and Update

Well, I wish I could show some beautiful (but not so sunny) pictures of Mexico, or our festive Christmas tree, or even the adorable Christmas pictures of Kynan, BUT our computer is on the fritz and I am posting from work. So my wordy explanations will have to do for now.

Our trip to Mexico, in a nutshell, was the worst vacation I have ever been on. People keep telling me that in a few weeks I will look back and remember all the wonderful highlights of our trip. It has yet to happen, but here is to hoping. After my venting update, the weather continued to get worse, and Kynan continued to be sick. I was hoping that by posting the truth, all of a sudden the weather and Kynan would want to prove me wrong, but they proved me right over and over. There were some highlights that I can share, like my relaxing message that I got while listening the rain. That was the first time I felt the baby kick. It was such a precious and memorable moment. It was like the baby was waiting for some quiet time with just babe and momma to share his/her presence. I will always remember that moment. On our last full day, the sun decided to come out in the morning and we took Kynan into the ocean for a swim and he actually liked it. He was laughing and swimming in perfect form. Dana grabbed some bread and we fed all the fish and Kynan was so mesmorised by how many there were and how close they were. And then of course, my favorate part of the trip, leaving. LOL. It was like Kynan morphed into another baby while we were in Mexico and upon landing in Canada he morphed back to cheery, happy Kynan. As soon as he saw Grandpa, he smiled and reached out for him. I think he was thinking "Thank God I am home". That pretty much sums up our trip.

On Saturday, Dana, Kynan and I went out into the bush, despite some well intended advice, to get our Christmas tree. No, we didn't get stuck, but I was frozen from the hips down. Kynan seemed to like it as long as we didn't make him walk in the snow. And then, as if there was a light from the heavens shining, we found our perfect Christmas tree. I feel so much better now, being in home filled with festive cheer and watching Kynan awe over all the decorations. I know that may sound ridiculous, but I love it. I love this time of year. Friends, family, love and laughter.

I am trying to squeeze about 4 posts into one, so if you want to stop reading at any time I don't blame you. But I did want to share the lyrics to this song. I heard it on the radio and it made me cry. It is the type of parent, and person I want to be like. Maybe you have heard it. Anyway, it's good to be back and I can't wait for the holidays.

You'll Always Be My Baby- Sara Evans
There I was ten years old
waitin' in my room for him to come home
and I just knew he'd be so mad
though I begged my mother not to, she told my dad.
There was no denyin' I let him down
but instead of being angry
he put his arms around me and said

in the sunlight or the rain brightest nights or darkest days
I'll always feel the same way
whatever road you may be on
know your never too far gone
my love is there wherever you may be
just remember that you'll always be my baby.

There I was twenty-one
oh I was so ashamed of what I'd done
on a country roadparked one night
what started out so innocent
crossed the line
there was no denyin'I let God down
but instead of being angry
he let his love surround me and I heard

in the sunlight or the rain brightest nights or darkest days
I'll always feel the same way
whatever road you may be on
know your never too far gone
my love is there wherever you may be
just remember that you'll always be my baby yeah yeah.

There he is my little man
I'm sure he'll get in trouble every now and then
and I pray to God that when he does
I'll be just as understandingas my father was
'cause the last thing that I want to do is let him down
so instead of being angry
I'm gonna throw my arms around him and I'll say

in the sunlight or the rain brightest nights or darkest days
I'll always feel the same way
yeah whatever road you may be on
know your never too far gone
my love is there wherever you may be
just remember that you'll always be my baby
be my baby

Comments:
I'm glad your home safe and sound enjoying the festivities.

Maybe you can upload some pictures of your tree, Kynan and your trip on Kaili's or Carleen's computer, then we'll be able to see how your winter wonderland is unfolding.
 
Susan, you are a great mother to Kynan and you will make a great mother to your new unborn baby. I am so excited that you felt it kick, it won't be long before he/she meetings their older brother. That is a nice song, I don't think I have heard it before but I will have to make a point. We are looking forward to seeing you at Christmas!
 
Susan, you are a great mother to Kynan and you will make a great mother to your new unborn baby. I am so excited that you felt it kick, it won't be long before he/she meetings their older brother. That is a nice song, I don't think I have heard it before but I will have to make a point. We are looking forward to seeing you at Christmas!
 
Aw ... that is just SO crappy about your trip. The good thing though is that your vacation made you realize how great "home" is. :)
 
Glad you are home safe and sound. Congrats on the 'feeling of the kick'!! So exciting, it's a major milestone!
 
It was nice to see you (albeit shortly) yesterday. Yay for feeling the kick!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?