Monday, January 01, 2007
Hammered on New Years... NOT!
Well, I figure it has been about two weeks since my last update and so much has happened. First of all I have to apologize for my lifeless posts lately. Our computer is still on the fritz and has been commissioned out to a tech to see if we can generate life again. So all my beautiful pics will have to wait for one really long post when we get our pc back.
Christmas was fantastic. We were all spoiled, which I honestly love, but I love even more watching everyone else open their gifts- especially the kids. Dinner was fabulous and I ate way too much over the 4 days of Christmas. The 23rd we had dinner at my mom and dads with the bros and their significant others. Very good, with all the baking you could possibly jam down. Then we went for lunch in Keremeos with my Aunts, Uncles and Grandma on the 24th. I also saw my cousin whom I haven't seen since I was in grade 10, CRAZY. We then ended the day at Carleen and Allan's for some chinese food courtesy of Grandpa. We woke up before Kynan on Christmas morning, and eagerly waited for his call. At around 8:15am he finally decided it was time to get up and we almost ran downstairs. Kynan loved it, but after opening the first three stocking stuffers he could have stopped and been completely satisified. We almost had to force him to open the rest. Dana and I had very few gifts under the tree as we both new we were going Boxing Day shopping. We then trecked back to Carleen and Al's for breaky and more gifts. Again we got spoiled. And breaky was divine thanks to Chef Rob. After breaky we ran home for a quick nap and clean up and then headed over to my parents for a snack and more gifts. Their tree was ridiculous with all the gifts under it. My brothers way over did themselves this year and spoiled us, especially Kynan and my neice Lorelei. It was almost too much for the little ones, but after a quick break they were right back into it. I have to say I have never been more proud of Kynan. He has been so appreciative for all his gifts and spends time with each one. He says thank you to who ever gave him the gift and was very quick to share. That is until he got his Lightening McQueen Car, which is not allowed to be touched by anyone else but him. BUt overall he was a complete angel. He ended Christmas Day with a huge delicious meal and a game of Shout It Out at Carleen and Als.
Boxing Day was Dana and I's gift to each other. We dropped Kynan off at my mom and dads at 7:30am (thanks so much dad), and headed to Kelowna to battle those other crazy shoppers. I really had no intentions on finding anything spectacular, but much to my surprize found just the opposite. Micheals had great deals on frames and paint, so we got some. Then Dana and I got an Olyimpus SLR 8.2MP Camera. Dana was tearing up when he paid the bill, but I love it. It takes great pics (which I wish I could share). Now we just need Rob to teach us how to really use all its capabilities. We got new cell phones so we can keep in touch and a new printer for our computer. I got a new maternity outfit so I can be pregnant and HOT (LOL). Needless to say we were spoiled, not to mention all the cool tool/ guy stuff Dana got (ie: a new welder). What can I say but we went a little crazy. My feet were so sore when we got home, Dana was forced to massage them (hee hee).
Our New Years was going to be adventurous as we were going to spend it at a bonfire in Kelowna with friends, but after thinking about my pregnant belly, sore back, cold weather and Kynan- we opted for a quiet evening at home. The Miller Man (friend fron Kelowna) came down too. We had a nice dinner, played The Price is Right and watched movies. I was in bed by 11:15pm. I just couldn't make it. My husband (who swore he would be right up) didn't get to bed until 2am, after polishing off his very own champagne bottle. He was just punishing himself as he had to be up this morning at 5:30am as he was going snowboarding with a buddy from Van at Silver Star. I laugh at him, but he really must be exhausted. I am watching the two of them now duel each other on the Xbox I bought for SADI (testing it out to make sure it is appropriate-wink wink). They look like a couple of schoolboys. I love it.
Well, that is our holidays in a nutshell. Now we are gearing up for K-Boy's 2nd Birthday on Jan 3rd. We are planning a huge birthday party for him on Jan 6th with CARS as our them. He is loving all the decorations I am slowly putting up.
PS: Other MAJOR update is that Kynan is sleeping in a twin big boy bed all on his own. He hasn't climbed out once in the middle of the night. He usually just calls for us to refill his bottle. And in the morning, if we take too long getting him, he comes into our room to get us out of bed. It is very cool, and a little sad. OUr baby is not a baby anymore. He is growing up.
Happy New Year Everyone! I hope it is filled with lots of love and laughter.
Christmas was fantastic. We were all spoiled, which I honestly love, but I love even more watching everyone else open their gifts- especially the kids. Dinner was fabulous and I ate way too much over the 4 days of Christmas. The 23rd we had dinner at my mom and dads with the bros and their significant others. Very good, with all the baking you could possibly jam down. Then we went for lunch in Keremeos with my Aunts, Uncles and Grandma on the 24th. I also saw my cousin whom I haven't seen since I was in grade 10, CRAZY. We then ended the day at Carleen and Allan's for some chinese food courtesy of Grandpa. We woke up before Kynan on Christmas morning, and eagerly waited for his call. At around 8:15am he finally decided it was time to get up and we almost ran downstairs. Kynan loved it, but after opening the first three stocking stuffers he could have stopped and been completely satisified. We almost had to force him to open the rest. Dana and I had very few gifts under the tree as we both new we were going Boxing Day shopping. We then trecked back to Carleen and Al's for breaky and more gifts. Again we got spoiled. And breaky was divine thanks to Chef Rob. After breaky we ran home for a quick nap and clean up and then headed over to my parents for a snack and more gifts. Their tree was ridiculous with all the gifts under it. My brothers way over did themselves this year and spoiled us, especially Kynan and my neice Lorelei. It was almost too much for the little ones, but after a quick break they were right back into it. I have to say I have never been more proud of Kynan. He has been so appreciative for all his gifts and spends time with each one. He says thank you to who ever gave him the gift and was very quick to share. That is until he got his Lightening McQueen Car, which is not allowed to be touched by anyone else but him. BUt overall he was a complete angel. He ended Christmas Day with a huge delicious meal and a game of Shout It Out at Carleen and Als.
Boxing Day was Dana and I's gift to each other. We dropped Kynan off at my mom and dads at 7:30am (thanks so much dad), and headed to Kelowna to battle those other crazy shoppers. I really had no intentions on finding anything spectacular, but much to my surprize found just the opposite. Micheals had great deals on frames and paint, so we got some. Then Dana and I got an Olyimpus SLR 8.2MP Camera. Dana was tearing up when he paid the bill, but I love it. It takes great pics (which I wish I could share). Now we just need Rob to teach us how to really use all its capabilities. We got new cell phones so we can keep in touch and a new printer for our computer. I got a new maternity outfit so I can be pregnant and HOT (LOL). Needless to say we were spoiled, not to mention all the cool tool/ guy stuff Dana got (ie: a new welder). What can I say but we went a little crazy. My feet were so sore when we got home, Dana was forced to massage them (hee hee).
Our New Years was going to be adventurous as we were going to spend it at a bonfire in Kelowna with friends, but after thinking about my pregnant belly, sore back, cold weather and Kynan- we opted for a quiet evening at home. The Miller Man (friend fron Kelowna) came down too. We had a nice dinner, played The Price is Right and watched movies. I was in bed by 11:15pm. I just couldn't make it. My husband (who swore he would be right up) didn't get to bed until 2am, after polishing off his very own champagne bottle. He was just punishing himself as he had to be up this morning at 5:30am as he was going snowboarding with a buddy from Van at Silver Star. I laugh at him, but he really must be exhausted. I am watching the two of them now duel each other on the Xbox I bought for SADI (testing it out to make sure it is appropriate-wink wink). They look like a couple of schoolboys. I love it.
Well, that is our holidays in a nutshell. Now we are gearing up for K-Boy's 2nd Birthday on Jan 3rd. We are planning a huge birthday party for him on Jan 6th with CARS as our them. He is loving all the decorations I am slowly putting up.
PS: Other MAJOR update is that Kynan is sleeping in a twin big boy bed all on his own. He hasn't climbed out once in the middle of the night. He usually just calls for us to refill his bottle. And in the morning, if we take too long getting him, he comes into our room to get us out of bed. It is very cool, and a little sad. OUr baby is not a baby anymore. He is growing up.
Happy New Year Everyone! I hope it is filled with lots of love and laughter.
Comments:
<< Home
So great to get an update! Sounds like you guys have been busy and incredibly spoiled!
Way to go Kynan on the big boy bed! Happy 2nd birthday, if I don't have another chance to say it!
Way to go Kynan on the big boy bed! Happy 2nd birthday, if I don't have another chance to say it!
Happy New Year! Drove by your house when we were there (Kayla refuses to accept that we don't live there anymore and makes us drive by our 'real' house). Wanted to stop and say hi but aside from just being rude and barging in, i was sick the whole time we were there. Nobody got a visit, or a call.
Glad you are home from your trip safe and sound!
Post a Comment
Glad you are home from your trip safe and sound!
<< Home
