Thursday, January 18, 2007
Pee-Pee in the Potty?
Well, today was a little victory for Kynan and I. After all the great advice I recieved from everyone, I was just going to leave well enough alone, but I thought I may as well bring out the potty just so Kynan knows what it looks like (advice given to me by Kyla). So it has been on the upstairs toliet for the last 3 days with a stool in front of it (Dana's baby stool in fact). Everytime I go pee I take it off and then return it when I am done, just hoping Kynan may be like "what the heck is that?" And today he did it. I was running the bath and asked him if he wanted to join me for a tub and he refused (which he has been doing alot lately). So I got into the tub and let him play with his toys on the bath mat until he changes his mind. When he did, I got him undressed and was about to pull him in with me when he looked at his penis and said "pee pee". I said, "that's right Kynan, that is your penis." He then pointed to the potty and I asked "do you want to go pee in the toliet?" He nodded. Can you believe it, he actually said yes. So I frantically prop myself, naked and dripping wet from the tub, so I can lift him onto the toliet. He sat there for about 10 minutes, playing with himself- giggling away- and of course I was on the edge of my seat waiting for the trickle. After about 10 minutes he said all done, so I showed him how to get down on his own using the stool. Of course no pee in the potty, but he was curious enough to ask and now he knows how to get up and down on his own. I am so excited. Even if this is all he does for the next 4 months, I will still be so proud of my little man for at least giving it a try.

