Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Weddings!!!
With so many weddings in our midst, well 2 to be exact, it gets me all excited. Some hate weddings, others think of it as no big deal, but I LOVE weddings. I have, and sorta am, seriously considering becoming a wedding consultant because I love them so much. It is always hard to bite my tongue and not ramble off on what my ideas are for my sister-in-laws weddings, but after all it is their and their grooms day. But even though I am not the bride and not really involved in their wedding planning, I still find myself surfing the net trying to get ideas that may fit into their theme OR I am always on the look out for good deals. I just love doing that kinda stuff.
A great example of my love for event planning, was the recent Blossom Tea. I recently started volunteering for the Royalty Program in Summerland and we just hosted the Blossom Tea where the girls presented their speeches on their sponsor. The last few years have been held at Santorini's or Zia's, but this year we decided to do it a private venue, the Anglican Church. I kind of told Joni that I would take on the tea as my project as I would not be able to help as much with the actual pageant (possibly giving birth). I was a little nervous about living up to expectations of Joni and of the community, but I am pleased to say it was an overwhelming success. Not only did we raise over $250 for the program, but the girls raised over $200 for the cans too. Not that I am tooting my own horn (but I sorta am). The girls also blew me away with their speeches. I am always so nervous for the girls. I still remember watching Shalane and I was seriously shaking in my boots.
Anyway, that has been my life lately. Working, dreaming of weddings, volunteering, and family.
A great example of my love for event planning, was the recent Blossom Tea. I recently started volunteering for the Royalty Program in Summerland and we just hosted the Blossom Tea where the girls presented their speeches on their sponsor. The last few years have been held at Santorini's or Zia's, but this year we decided to do it a private venue, the Anglican Church. I kind of told Joni that I would take on the tea as my project as I would not be able to help as much with the actual pageant (possibly giving birth). I was a little nervous about living up to expectations of Joni and of the community, but I am pleased to say it was an overwhelming success. Not only did we raise over $250 for the program, but the girls raised over $200 for the cans too. Not that I am tooting my own horn (but I sorta am). The girls also blew me away with their speeches. I am always so nervous for the girls. I still remember watching Shalane and I was seriously shaking in my boots.
Anyway, that has been my life lately. Working, dreaming of weddings, volunteering, and family.
Comments:
<< Home
I can't wait to start thinking more about my wedding! I just need to finish up a course (1 more month yay!) and then I can spend more time dreaming up beautiful ideas. I am excited that you are excited :)
I'm a wedding lover, too. I love LOVE so it make sense. Youu've mentioned wedding planning a few times now. Sounds like it may be your true passion (career wise, of course). I think you would be fantastic!
Post a Comment
<< Home
