Wednesday, May 09, 2007

 

Induce or Not?!?!?!

I just lost the post I had so beautifully written about whether or not induce. I am honestly too lazy and too tired to rewrite all my thoughts so instead share yours. What would you choose when being faced with the decision to induce labour or not.

Labels:


Comments:
I would delay it as long as possible and as long as is safe for the babe!

That being said- I'm not overdue. I know how that feels and how much you want to meet your baby.

Plus- I want this baby out so I can see if we can use the name Ava or not. ;)
 
Its really hard I know (five days late with both of mine) but put of the induction as long as you can stand,babys always do better on their own and natural labour will be easyer on you too. Try the old school ways, run up and down the stairs, drink a couple glasses of wine and have lots of sex! I have a recipe for an natural labour inducing cocktail if your intersted?
Good luck!
 
Ugh. I was ready to be induced, but Avelyn came 3 days before the scheduled induction. I am not opposed to induction but agree with Jen, the baby's health is the most important. If he/she is in danger or if the placenta is no longer doing it's job...get that kid outta there! Hope you're feeling OK, Susie! Can't wait to meet McBaby.
 
I'd agree with Amanda and Jen that the baby's health is the most important thing. It totally is. That being said, I was 11 days over with Sarah, and every minute/day was tougher and tougher to be preggo, so I was pretty desperate to be induced at the end of it. But then, my labour with her was pretty ....intense. With Benny, I was not 'chemically' induced, and his labour was a bit easier on my bod. Either way, I hope that it goes really smoothly for you Susie.
Can I come up and see you if I'm at work?
 
I was induced at 10 days overdue with Hunter. I didn't know a lot of things that I know now about induction. I don't know what my choice will be if I'm overdue this time.. Wishing you well and that baby comes soon for you.
 
I'm pretty sure you know where I stand on this one.
I really disagree with Dr.'s giving Mama's due "days". It is completely natural to go 42 weeks, and sometimes longer. Stick the longest possible day in your head and just know that Babe will be in your arms by then. I am really excited to him or her soon.
Plus like everyone else pointed out induced labour is really hard fast labour. I don't think you want that, even though it seems you would give anything to have hom or her here NOW.
Babe will be here soon, promise!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?