Saturday, May 12, 2007
Mother's Day Shout Out
With Mother's Day approaching, I realise that I have alot of really fabulous 'moms' in my life. This post is for them.
First of all and most importantly, there is my very own mom who birthed, raised me and now I can easily call my friend. There are lots of times we disagree and we are not afraid to speak our minds, but that is what I truly appreciate about her the most. I can tell her exactly how I am feeling and I know that maybe not right then, but sometime soon she will still speak to me. Let's just say, I have never been not to speak my mind and my mom has had to put up with alot. Especially these last few weeks, she has really been the ultimate mom. Allowing me to come over whenever I want, looking after Kynan so I can nap or keep my puffy feet elevated, cooking extra for me at meal time with the odd chance that I may drop in, basically just being a wonderfully caring support during this last stage in pregnancy. Thanks mom, I love you.
Then there is my other mom, Carleen. I met her when I obviously met Dana and fell in love with her right away. Always thinking of others and doing small acts of kindness that speak love in such a big way. She has really adopted me as her own daughter and I will always look up to her. Thank you for Carleen for being a mom to me.
Of course there is Suzanne, that when we go to visit them on the coast- we always end up staying up to the wee hours of the morning just talking about anything and everything. She is another person I feel like I can speak my mind to without fear of judgement. She is not only a wonderful mom and yaya, but she truly is a great friend. Thanks Suzanne for always listening and just being there when I need you.
Of course there are my grandmas. My Grandma Mayer and Grandma Harvey. Even though I hardly see them, their lives have impacted mine in a way I will always be grateful for. Thanks Grandmas.
Grandma Hoblak is Dana's grandma who again has adopted me as one of her own. I always enjoy our visits not only because she cuts me fresh flowers from her garden and offers whatever fresh baked goodies she has in stock, but because she geniunely cares for others. She is the definition of a true servant. Some may have a negative conotation with that word, but what I mean is that she always puts others needs before her own, especially her kids. She not only is a great role model for what a great mom and grandma is, but I personally look up to her as her role as a wife too. Thank you Norma for being such an incredible influence in my life.
To the Grandma I never met, but always felt kindred to, Grammie. Dana's dads mom. She died just 1 year before I met Dana and I have heard several stories about her from Dana, his sisters, Carleen, Mike and especially her husband Jack. I feel like I know her. I often feel her presence at family gatherings. Such a warming presence. I never thought I would be like that, but I am so grateful to know through the stories that you (you know who you are) share with me. Even though I never met you, I love you Grammie and I hope you can see that your life still impacts people- including me.
My sister-in-laws, who are just recently mothers in the past year and half. It is so nice to have someone close to my age to share in these new mother experiences. I love having you both in my life and look forward to our kids laughing and playing together. To the sister-in-laws yet to enter motherhood. Your day will come, if that is what you choose, and I will be excited to for the same reasons. I love you girls.
And finally, to all my mothering friends. You all are inspirations to me. I love hearing of your stories of poop, vomit, worries, triumphs, and everything else that comes with being a mom. A great mom. Keep being who you are and now that you are an inspiration to me. I love you girls.
I do know that this is mother's day, a day for moms, but I feel like I should give Dana a special shout out too. I am so blessed to have him in my life being the wonderful husband and incredible dad he is. He really makes me a good mom. I love you hunny.
First of all and most importantly, there is my very own mom who birthed, raised me and now I can easily call my friend. There are lots of times we disagree and we are not afraid to speak our minds, but that is what I truly appreciate about her the most. I can tell her exactly how I am feeling and I know that maybe not right then, but sometime soon she will still speak to me. Let's just say, I have never been not to speak my mind and my mom has had to put up with alot. Especially these last few weeks, she has really been the ultimate mom. Allowing me to come over whenever I want, looking after Kynan so I can nap or keep my puffy feet elevated, cooking extra for me at meal time with the odd chance that I may drop in, basically just being a wonderfully caring support during this last stage in pregnancy. Thanks mom, I love you.
Then there is my other mom, Carleen. I met her when I obviously met Dana and fell in love with her right away. Always thinking of others and doing small acts of kindness that speak love in such a big way. She has really adopted me as her own daughter and I will always look up to her. Thank you for Carleen for being a mom to me.
Of course there is Suzanne, that when we go to visit them on the coast- we always end up staying up to the wee hours of the morning just talking about anything and everything. She is another person I feel like I can speak my mind to without fear of judgement. She is not only a wonderful mom and yaya, but she truly is a great friend. Thanks Suzanne for always listening and just being there when I need you.
Of course there are my grandmas. My Grandma Mayer and Grandma Harvey. Even though I hardly see them, their lives have impacted mine in a way I will always be grateful for. Thanks Grandmas.
Grandma Hoblak is Dana's grandma who again has adopted me as one of her own. I always enjoy our visits not only because she cuts me fresh flowers from her garden and offers whatever fresh baked goodies she has in stock, but because she geniunely cares for others. She is the definition of a true servant. Some may have a negative conotation with that word, but what I mean is that she always puts others needs before her own, especially her kids. She not only is a great role model for what a great mom and grandma is, but I personally look up to her as her role as a wife too. Thank you Norma for being such an incredible influence in my life.
To the Grandma I never met, but always felt kindred to, Grammie. Dana's dads mom. She died just 1 year before I met Dana and I have heard several stories about her from Dana, his sisters, Carleen, Mike and especially her husband Jack. I feel like I know her. I often feel her presence at family gatherings. Such a warming presence. I never thought I would be like that, but I am so grateful to know through the stories that you (you know who you are) share with me. Even though I never met you, I love you Grammie and I hope you can see that your life still impacts people- including me.
My sister-in-laws, who are just recently mothers in the past year and half. It is so nice to have someone close to my age to share in these new mother experiences. I love having you both in my life and look forward to our kids laughing and playing together. To the sister-in-laws yet to enter motherhood. Your day will come, if that is what you choose, and I will be excited to for the same reasons. I love you girls.
And finally, to all my mothering friends. You all are inspirations to me. I love hearing of your stories of poop, vomit, worries, triumphs, and everything else that comes with being a mom. A great mom. Keep being who you are and now that you are an inspiration to me. I love you girls.
I do know that this is mother's day, a day for moms, but I feel like I should give Dana a special shout out too. I am so blessed to have him in my life being the wonderful husband and incredible dad he is. He really makes me a good mom. I love you hunny.
Happy Mother's Day Girls.
I hope it is incredibly special and memorable.
Labels: mothers
Comments:
<< Home
Thank you for the thoughtful comments and again thank you for the thoughtful gifts you sent. I appreciate it!
Have a wonderful Mama's Day too!
Have a wonderful Mama's Day too!
Sorry to report the labour inducing cocktail i was going to give you has lemon verbena in it, which comes from germany and is apparently hard to get your hands on, the midwives here keep their own supply to hand out to their clients, which is of no use to you unless you can track some down there. Sorry :(
Hope you had a good mothers day.
Hope you had a good mothers day.
Hope you had a special Momma's Day. I'd love to pop by and say hi sometime before you have the baby...give me a call if you want a litle visit sometime this week. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home

