Monday, June 04, 2007
Chasing a Dream
Well, I know most of you want to see pictures of my little angel and I will post some soon- I promise. But today I actually want to talk about dream chasing. Right now we are in the process of negotiating an unexpected offer on our town house with the thought of moving to Regina if it sells. Don't freak out just yet, as it totally depends on if the buyers except our terms and our list price was well over what other properties are being listed at. Basically, we feel that if it happens then God is trying to tell us that our path is leading to Regina.
Regina offers many great things that Dana and I love. First and formost, we would be able to put alot of equity into a home there and almost be living morgage free. This would then allow me to stay at home with the babes worry free without struggling to make ends meet. We also have two dear friends there that we miss so much. Jen and I are secretly plotting to have Kynan marry Abby. We could live in a beautifully finished house for half the cost it would be here. And cost of living there is much less. The other great thing is that we could vacation to Eastern Canada and US for much less and get to see that part of the country. And we would be able to afford to travel a little more, where as now we go in debt just going camping. However, there is one huge downfall to moving across the country. Our family.
We moved from Kelowna to Summerland so that we could see our families on a daily basis if we wanted to. So that the kids could grow up together knowing their aunts, uncles, and grandparents very well. We wouldn't be giving up our relationships with our family, but we would be making it harder to maintain our closeness. I feel very torn. Summerland has always been my home, not only is my family here, but I know this community very well and they know me. For example, I think everytime I go downtown someone new is congradulating me on Ava. I don't know what it will be like living in a city where I only know two people.
Which brings me to my topic, chasing a dream. What if your dream is both. I always dreamed of getting married at the Ornamental Gardens and watching my kids grow up on the same streets that I did, but also dreamed about being able to spend my days raising them- not working. We don't have to move to Regina forever, and we can always move back, but....... I am torn. I hate decision making and I know I should trust what God puts in our path, but sometimes it is so hard to do that. Send good vibes and positive prayers up to Him today for us. We will keep all posted on the outcome.
Regina offers many great things that Dana and I love. First and formost, we would be able to put alot of equity into a home there and almost be living morgage free. This would then allow me to stay at home with the babes worry free without struggling to make ends meet. We also have two dear friends there that we miss so much. Jen and I are secretly plotting to have Kynan marry Abby. We could live in a beautifully finished house for half the cost it would be here. And cost of living there is much less. The other great thing is that we could vacation to Eastern Canada and US for much less and get to see that part of the country. And we would be able to afford to travel a little more, where as now we go in debt just going camping. However, there is one huge downfall to moving across the country. Our family.
We moved from Kelowna to Summerland so that we could see our families on a daily basis if we wanted to. So that the kids could grow up together knowing their aunts, uncles, and grandparents very well. We wouldn't be giving up our relationships with our family, but we would be making it harder to maintain our closeness. I feel very torn. Summerland has always been my home, not only is my family here, but I know this community very well and they know me. For example, I think everytime I go downtown someone new is congradulating me on Ava. I don't know what it will be like living in a city where I only know two people.
Which brings me to my topic, chasing a dream. What if your dream is both. I always dreamed of getting married at the Ornamental Gardens and watching my kids grow up on the same streets that I did, but also dreamed about being able to spend my days raising them- not working. We don't have to move to Regina forever, and we can always move back, but....... I am torn. I hate decision making and I know I should trust what God puts in our path, but sometimes it is so hard to do that. Send good vibes and positive prayers up to Him today for us. We will keep all posted on the outcome.
Labels: family
Comments:
<< Home
So.......what happened to the 8pm deadline? Were you able to lengthen the decision time?
You know that Mike and I support you all in whatever decision you make and we also know its not forever. It would definately help "jump start" a way to reach your goals. Quality of life is a crucial thing and if this move can give you all that without the stress of you and Dana having to work all the time and not spend quality of life together with your kids then for the short term its a good choice to make.
As the saying goes, "If its meant to be, it will be".
Blessings to you both
You know that Mike and I support you all in whatever decision you make and we also know its not forever. It would definately help "jump start" a way to reach your goals. Quality of life is a crucial thing and if this move can give you all that without the stress of you and Dana having to work all the time and not spend quality of life together with your kids then for the short term its a good choice to make.
As the saying goes, "If its meant to be, it will be".
Blessings to you both
Good luck with your decision Susie! I know all the feelings you are experience all too well. Of course we'd love to have you here and are secrely hoping it turns out that way but really- we support you guys in whichever decision you make. :) It's a hard one that we had to recently make and we are pleased with the outcome now.
Wow, big changes! Keep us posted. It sounds like you're really thinking things through and keeping your family's best interest as a priority so whatever you choose will be great. I will be so jealous if you get to see Jen everyday, though! :)
PS: I WANT TO SEE PICS OF AVA!!
PS: I WANT TO SEE PICS OF AVA!!
That is a very difficult decision to make. Greg and I have considered many of the same points, but we have not yet been put in a decision to actually make the decision. We will stay in touch either way, support you, and be happy for you.
It's hard to know what to do isn't it? One thing I thought of while reading your post was where you said.." we don't have to live in Regina forever we can always move back.". It's true that you can do whatever you want to do, but economically it will be much harder for you to come back. The cost of living and housing is much cheaper in SK, which is great when going there but kinda bites you when you want to leave for a more pricey place. Just economics, but if you want to stay at home with your family it might not work to move back to a more expensive place. Just a thought, (we had this conversation last week with some friends of ours considering the same sort of thing and he's pretty economically educated and that's his hang up), good luck in finding where the grass is greenest for you!
Thing is Susan and D, when you pay for your house "outright" and when you do sell it, the mulla's all yours right? You won't have to pay the bank any money so when you do decide to move back to BC you'll have a "huge" chunk of money to put down on a house. D will have his Electrician's ticket and then he'll be making the big bucks. That's Mike's and my perspective anyways. Plus, the kids will be older, daycare costs will be less. It's all good.
Ya know, from a Regina girl I say, go for it. Its wonderful and I love it, but then the above comments are true as well. Happy Decision Making
Hello Susan
I hope you don’t mind my reading your blog! I like to look at sweet Ava & came across your blog Chasing a dream’ go for it I did just that 50 years ago & several other dreams since.
I forever think of it as an adventure’ when I immigrated to Canada I was 21 years old knew of one person, still now I remember standing in the exit door way of the plane thinking to myself “my goodness” “what have I done” at that time I had to stay for two years, still here. So my dear you & Dana are young & together should think of it as an expedition you would not be that far from BC, I was 6,000 miles away from England. Best of luck what ever you do!
Cecilia ( Suzanne mom)
Post a Comment
I hope you don’t mind my reading your blog! I like to look at sweet Ava & came across your blog Chasing a dream’ go for it I did just that 50 years ago & several other dreams since.
I forever think of it as an adventure’ when I immigrated to Canada I was 21 years old knew of one person, still now I remember standing in the exit door way of the plane thinking to myself “my goodness” “what have I done” at that time I had to stay for two years, still here. So my dear you & Dana are young & together should think of it as an expedition you would not be that far from BC, I was 6,000 miles away from England. Best of luck what ever you do!
Cecilia ( Suzanne mom)
<< Home

