Tuesday, June 12, 2007

 

My Darlings

Ok, so I thought I would post about some of the positives in our lives instead of all the stressful stuff so here it goes. Here are the three most important people in my life. I highjacked these pictures off of other bloggers and Dana's camera as I haven't had time to download new pictures, but soon enough. Kynan has been at home the diaherra and vomit bug for the past week and finally seems to be on the mend. It has been fun cleaning up his puke but also sweet as I have gotten a little more cuddles than usual. He has been so sweet to Ava. Yesterday he asked to hold her and then started singing to her ever so softly. She was very hungry though and we she started to cry, he looked at me and very firmly said, "All done!". Then this morning he was holding her again and lifted up his shirt and said "I nurse". I had to explain that only mommy's can nurse babies, but that he was very sweet for trying. Dana has taught him some fun new expressions like, "hahahah.......NO" and "whatever". The funny thing is that he actually uses them when they would be most funny. Today we were in London Drugs picking up a swing for Ava and I thought I would get him a new toy. I told him he could pick whatever he wanted. Scary, eh? Not with Kynan. He picked out 5 small red drugs totally a whopping $6. I love my son. It has been such a joy spending my days with him and watching him make pretend dinners and having pretend sword fights, watching Transformers and Scooby Doo. He is truly growing up to be such a fun loving little boy.
My other darling, Dana, has been under alot of obvious stress lately, but I am so thankful to have such a loving husband. Dana is always thinking what is best for his family and strives to put us first. I know that this upcoming decision will be hard for him (and for me too). BUT he has been doing some great things too. He got to play baseball 2 weeks ago with Shalane AND Kaili and I know he really enjoyed that. He also got slaughtered last night as him, Shalane and the team tried desperately to get some runs in, but he had a blast just being out there with his sister. He has been working so hard, picking up side jobs, but even last night at 9:30 I asked if he would go get me a McFlurry as I had a craving and he didn't even give me a hard time he just did it. What a sweet heart. I am so in love with this man that even his snoring at 3 AM is like sweet music (well maybe not music....).

Finally, the new star in our lives, Ava. I cannot believe what an easy baby she is. As long as her diaper is changed and she is fed, she sleeps or looks intently around the room. She loves Kynan and just stares at him as he examines her limbs and plays with her toes. She is like clockwork right now, and has one or two 4 hour stretches (1 during the day and 1 at night) and then at night wakes up every 2 hours. Unlike Kynan, she doesn't have to be completely asleep to put back in her crib. Even if she is slightly drowsy, I can lay her in her crib with the fan going and within minutes she is asleep. Not only that, when she dreams she totally giggles with the biggest smile. Sometimes she has nightmares and wimpers, but mostly smiles. I love this little girl and she is going to be such a joy to raise.




Comments:
Way to look on the bright side! And what a sweet side that is for you- three people to love and love you in return.
 
Ava is Soooo beautiful! One of the most beautiful brand new baby girls I have ever seen! Congrats!!!!

Megan Wiens
 
She's beautiful! As is Kynan :) And you're moving??? Sorry I haven't been by - pretty busy. Blessings on your big move :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?